Open to the public, the Drug ARM Library is a specialist library that provides information on alcohol and other drugs and mental health. First established in 1984, the library now supports the staff, volunteers, students, and clients of Drug ARM, as well as the wider community.
The library also provides materials to schools, media representatives, researchers and clinicians.
Membership of the library is free and available to anyone, although photo ID is required.
Members are offered the following services:
- Loans of materials such as books, DVDs and journals
- Access to information services such as content updates and current awareness services
- Library consultation services
- Access to online materials
The library is located at level 1, 493 Ipswich Road, Annerley, Brisbane where both members and non-members are welcome to visit to:
- Read books, magazines and journals, brochures and pamphlets
- Use the internet and computers
- Seek advice and assistance from library staff
- Utilise the air-conditioned reading space and photocopying services
The library is a short walk from the Fairfield Train Station and serviced by buses that run to Annerley Road and Ipswich Road, as well as the Greenslopes Busway Station. For further details visit the Translink site. Limited street parking is also available.